Oil and Gas Titles and Transactions
Oil and Gas Ventures Begin, and Sometimes End, with Title
Beginning at the turn of the twentieth century when the Nellie Johnstone No.1 well began to flow near what is now Bartlesville, Oklahoma, the mineral estate and fee estate increasingly were severed from one another, many thousands of shallow oil and gas wells were drilled - some still producing - and at least as many leasehold deals were done. Further, most of this activity was occurring in what formerly was known as Indian Territory. These considerations all contribute to render mineral title in Oklahoma very complex. Our lawyers are experienced examiners familiar with the complexities inherent in Oklahoma mineral title. Our clients' reliance on our experience and knowledge has caused Munson & McMillin to have an active oil and gas title examination practice, including:
- Drilling title opinions;
- Division order title opinions; McMillin
- Acquisition title opinions;
- Mortgage title opinions; and
- Drafting and obtaining title curative documents.
Michael J. McMillin is the practice area lead of our Titles and Transactions practice. For more information, please contact Michael McMillin
Oil and Gas Litigation
Counseling Clients Through Industry-Related Disputes
Munson & McMillin attorneys have helped a wide variety of oil and gas industry participants achieve a successful resolution to their business disputes. We are resolute in advocating for our clients and experienced in litigating oil and gas matters, including:
- Competing claims of ownership;
- Oil and gas lease cancellations;
- Enforcement of implied covenants;
- Operating agreement and joint interest billing disputes;
- Operator liens and removal;
- Rights of ingress and surface damage disputes;
- Oil and gas lease brokerage issues; and
- Breach of industry-related contracts.
Lucas J. Munson is the practice area lead of our Oil and Gas Litigation practice. For more information, please contact Luke at email@example.com or call our office.
The Business of America is Business, But Business Does Not Always Go Smoothly
When a business faces a dispute, legal counsel is often needed before, during, and after the matter reaches a courtroom. Attorneys at Munson & McMillin aim to counsel and advocate for clients in business litigation matters in a manner suited to best serve the client’s long-term interests. Munson & McMillin attorneys have broad experience in business litigation in state and federal court both at the trial and appellate levels, including:
- Breach of contract;
- Breach of fiduciary duty;
- Business torts; and
- Litigation defense for employers.
Lucas J. Munson is the practice area lead of our Business Litigation practice. For more information, please contact Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.
Trusts and Estates
Of Two Things You Can Be Certain; Death and Taxes.
Munson & McMillin has an active estate planning, probate, and family business practice. Our attorneys work closely with clients to develop an individualized strategy that maximizes their legacy, financially and otherwise. In addition, our attorneys assist clients in administering estates of all sizes and complexities, from small mineral interests to large estates with many and varied assets. Munson & McMillin attorneys have been retained to resolve issues involving wills, trusts, estates, and family businesses, including:
- Will contests;
- Personal representative disputes;
- Breaches of fiduciary duty; and
- Funding and removing property from trusts and family businesses.
Tiffany Peterson is the practice area lead of our Trusts and Estates practice. For more information, please contact Tiffany at email@example.com or call our office.
Real Estate Law
Real Estate Law
Buy Land, They Ain’t Making Any More of It
Attorneys at Munson & McMillin have experience representing clients in a variety of real estate matters and will use that experience to assist you in negotiating and completing your transaction as well as resolving any issues that may arise in your transaction. We counsel clients and offer solutions to a wide variety of residential and commercial real estate and surface-title issues, including:
- Determinations of heirship;
- Partition actions;
- Probate and guardianship sales;
- Title examination and opinions of title;
- Negotiating title insurance coverage and endorsements;
- Resolution and curative work to satisfy title insurance requirements;
- Vacations of plats, streets, and alleyways;
- Negotiating and drafting easements, road maintenance agreements, and mortgages; and
- Drafting housing association covenants, conditions, restrictions, and by-laws.
Ryan W. Schaller is the practice area lead of our Real Estate practice. For more information, please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.